Fat Removal Procedures
If you just want to know about the best and most recommended procedure to get rid of your fats without losing your precious time, then just go to the following page Laser Liposculpture (Slim Laser Intervention)
However, if you want to know more about some of the different methods of fats removal, then read further below.
There are different ways to remove excess fats from your body. Here are the main ones:
- Surgical removal of fats "en-bloc": is the earliest known procedure of fat removal through a major surgical skin incision, all of which is very traumatic and where there is abundant bleeding and blood loss leading to mandatory blood transfusion.
- Gastric bypass surgery: Weight-loss (bariatric) surgery changes the anatomy of your digestive system in order to limit the amount of food you can eat and digest. The surgery aids in weight loss and lowers your risk of medical problems associated with obesity. However, we formally consider gastric bypass surgery to be a very dangerous procedure for fighting obesity as it is a major surgical procedure that poses significant risks and side effects and requires permanent undesired changes in your lifestyle. Therefore, the use of such surgery for fighting obesity is formally not recommended.
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck surgery):
This is a rather popular cosmetic surgery procedure where the excess fat and hanging skin from around the waist towards the promontorium or sexual organs or even lower towards the thighs in the form of an apron that cannot be eliminated through diet and exercise. The results of Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck surgery are often extraordinary, but please keep your expectations realistic, as you should do with any cosmetic surgical procedure. It takes 1-5 hours to perform this procedure, depending on the extent of fats and sin to be removed and you can expect to stay in the clinic for two to five nights.
Old Style Liposuction: This is the procedure whereby excess fats are removed by suction through minor incisions of 3 to 5 mm length. It is performed under general anaesthesia whereby the risks of such anaesthesia. Next, blood transfusion is necessary as there is significant bleeding and blood loss during fat removal. A maximum of 500 grams of fats is removed. Patient has to stay in the clinic for up till seven days. Skin incisionsare 1.0 to 2.5 cm long. Scarring is quite obvious at incision spots. Significant bruising is there. Bed rest is often needed. Patient returns to normal activities in 2 to 4 weeks. "Retouches" procedures are often necessary. It is definitely not the best type of liposcution.
- Tumescent Liposculpture: This is a much better technique of liposuction than the Old Style one as it is done under local anaesthesia, hence avoiding the risks of general anaesthesia. Further there is practically no blood loss, except for a few drops. Much larger portions of fats can be removed - as far as 3 to 5 kg. No hospitalization is needed. The patient can usually go home in 30 minutes to two hours after the procedure. The skin incisions are as small as 0.3 cm. No skin scarring is observed at incision spots. Bruising is mild or absent. No bed rest is normally needed. The patient can return to normal activities the same or the next day. "Retouches" procedures are rarely needed. The most interesting of all is that tumescent liposuction is concerned not only by suction of fats but also by an optimal correction of the body figure, from where comes the word "sculpture", meaning that the surgeon is sculpting the body figure artistically by sucking out the fats proportionally so as to give the body its new splendid form. The other advantage of tumescent liposculture is that of infiltration of the fatty tissue layers by the 'tumescent' solution so as to cause hydrotonic exposure of the fat cells thus facilitating their breakage and suction as well as causing no bleeding in conditions of proper local anaesthesia. This has been the preferred fat removal technique at our medical center before Slim Laser appeared.
- Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction: It is liposuction where the fat cells are destroyed by the action of ultrasound.
- Laser Liposculpture: It is the latest and best fat removal system as laser high technology adds to fat dissolving and removal. Healing and recovery are much more rapid than after any type of liposuction. No sagging skin, as after liposuction, is encountered after such a procedure. We can justly say that the Slim Laser intervention is the latest, revolutionary, safe and highly effective fat removal system with maximum and ideal body contouring and sculpturing. Read about it on the page Laser Liposculpture (Slim Laser Intervention).